Monday, January 2, 2017

Amazing Chocolate Banana Bread

I have been searching for a good banana bread recipe because I often find I have several very ripe bananas left over at a time. I hadn’t found one that struck me as anything special until I stumbled across Money Saving Mom’s “Freezer Friendly Chocolate Banana Bread“.



How can you go wrong with chocolate and bananas?!
You can’t!
Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed well
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions
1) Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2) Stir the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Carefully fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
3) Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.



My family had no difficulty finishing this off in two days! It is so chocolatey, but you can still taste the banana. It tastes amazing! This is definitely going to become one of my staple baking recipes for sure!

Now for our rating:
(With a possible point total of 40)
Taste/Flavor- 10
Easiness to make- 10
Cost of ingredients- 9
 Clean up- 9
 Total=38 (Husband and Toddler Approved!)




The one thing I might do differently next time is decrease the amount of sugar.  The bananas and chocolate chips already make this bread sweet, so I think it could still taste great with a little less sugar. I will try it out and let you know!

The added bonus to this banana bread is you can totally freeze it and save some for later! Again, shout out to Money Saving Mom for this recipe!  This was part of her “4 weeks to fill your freezer” series.  It makes me want to go through and try them all to fill my freezer with yummy stuff!

I love baking different types of tasty breads, cookies, and cakes.  What is one of you favorite baking recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *