Monday, January 2, 2017

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

As the weather turns colder I have been looking for easy and delicious crock pot recipes.  I really should use my crock pot more often, but I just haven’t had much success in the past. So I made it a point to search out new recipes to try this winter.

The reason I really want to use my crock pot more is because I get to prep the meal around my schedule. Instead of waiting until late afternoon when my kids are waking up from naps, I can prep and set things when I have the free time (which is kind of limited with my two little ones!). I found one on Pinterest the other day that seemed pretty simple for a crock pot mac and cheese.  I thought it was definitely worth a try!

The recipe comes from Midwest Coupon Clippers website. I did make it according to their directions at first, but it honestly turned out way too bland for me, so I tweaked it a bit and added some spices and seasoning to give it more flavor.





(Feeds approximately 6-8)

Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 Cups Milk
  • 12 oz. Evaporated Milk
  • 4-6 ounces Cream Cheese
  • 16 ounces elbow Macaroni
  • 1 Cup Chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
  • 1 tsp Onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
  • 2 tsp Seasoning salt (or regular salt)
  • 1/4 tsp Black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp Paprika
Directions:
  • Put All ingredients into the Crock Pot, EXCEPT the 1 pound bag of Macaroni noodles!
  • Leave on Low for an hour. After 1 hour, stir the sauce in crock pot.
  • Make Macaroni & then Drain after sauce has been “crock potting” for about 45 minutes.
  • Add Cooked Macaroni to sauce after drained.
  • Cook on LOW another 45 minutes
*You can add more cheese on top as a garnish, and you can also add other things like bacon or broccoli. Think of the mac and cheese as a blank canvas! This turns out very creamy because of all the dairy used in it.  Definitely comfort food! My toddler and baby both enjoyed this.

What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *